Shawn H. Nichols Photography LLC
September 2015 – Present | Seattle, Washington
(425)-919-7555 | shawnhnichols@gmail
Digital content producer specializing in photography and original digital art. Extensive experience creating marketing collateral including websites, logos and original branding identities for a wide variety of companies and organizations throughout the Pacific Northwest. Dedicated professional offering a proven record of conceptualizing, designing, writing and developing custom photography, videography, and social media solutions to exceed client objectives within deadline-driven scenarios.
PHOTOGRAPHY ￨ SOCIAL MEDIA ￨ MARKETING ￨ COLLATERAL DESIGN ￨ WEB DESIGN ￨ PROJECT MANAGEMENT | GRAPHIC DESIGN ￨ MOTION GRAPHICS ￨ ANIMATION ￨ VIDEOGRAPHY | INFOGRAPHICS | E-COMMERCE￨ COLOR CORRECTION ￨ EVENT COORDINATION | CONTENT CREATION ￨ CAMERA OPERATION | EDITING | PHOTO RESTORATION | FILE PREPARATION | LIGHTING | DIRECTION | STYLING
Shawn H. Nichols Photography LLC, Owner/Operator September 2015 – present
• Take direction from studio client/creative leads (Art Director, Photography Manager) and collaborate with the other team members to follow style guides and produce consistent image assets on a per assignment basis.
• Demonstrated ability to manage high volumes of workflow including, prioritization, planning, and task delegation under tight deadlines. Achieves productivity and cycle time goals while retaining creative quality within the demands of a high production environment
• Exhaustive knowledge of common digital capture platforms DSLRs; various lighting environments (strobe and LED); and best practices/conventions for grip and set safety.
• Fluency in Photoshop, Bridge & Adobe CC Applications. Working knowledge of PC computing platforms. 3 years’ experience in commercial studio photography and film environments. Planning and executing day-to-day photo studio operations.
• Built and maintained a diverse portfolio of clients including Mod Pizza, Darigold, Estee Lauder, Xtreme Consulting, Mainstreet Hub and Olympic Foundry.
• Direct and provide support through all phases of project including; analyzing needs, identifying locations, hiring staff, securing permits, and overseeing studio/on-location shoots.
• Expertly balanced business, financial and client relations/responsibilities while managing quality-driven, time-sensitive marketing projects for diverse organizations.
• Developed and maintained website, blog & multiple social media platforms which gained 10,500 followers over 18 months.
• Edit and enhance video/photographs using Adobe Creative Cloud Suite to enhance and bring out key features of subject/product.
• Outstanding customer service skills; diplomatic and patient with all types of individuals and organizational levels.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; Confident, articulate and professional.
• Possess a strong commitment to team environment dynamics with the ability to contribute expertise and follow leadership directives
Insider Studios | Xfinity | Capital One | American Express | Evergreens | SPIN | REI | MOD Pizza | Nordstrom | Estée Lauder | Qdoba Mexican Eats | Staples | Architectural Graphics Inc. | Darigold | Big Fish Games | Bowlero | Urban Pie | 5W Public Relations | SoFi | Ricoh | Gentle Dental | Sasquatch Music Festival | nuflours Bakery | Redfin | Blacklight Run 5k| Rhein Haus | Shell Global | Wexley School for Girls Advertising Agency
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
GREEN RIVER COMMUNITY COLLEGE | BELLEVUE COMMUNITY COLLEGE
SEATTLE CENTRAL COMMUNITY COLLEGE
TARRANT COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE ￨ DEVRY UNIVERSITY
Seattle Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce | North Seattle Chamber of Commerce
American Photographic Artists (APA) | Professional Photographers of America (PPA)
American Society of Media Photographers (ASMP)
HONORS & AWARDS
Best of Thumbtack 2016
Thumbtack Top Professional, 2016, 2017, 2018 & 2019
Collective Arts Brewing | Signature Series 2017
Augmented Reality Platform Could Revolutionize The Way We Work, December 6, 2018 | MSNBC Business Insider
Comcast and INSP Unite to Help Bellingham Students in Need, Oct 2, 2018 | Whatcom Talk
HOW SUCCESSFUL STAFFING HELPED A SALAD CHAIN GROW Feb 19, 2018 | AmericanExpress.com
MOD Pizza opens at Kent Station, Dec 11, 2017 | Kent Reporter
No Room on a Bike Rack? Not a Problem for These Smart Bikes., Aug 28, 2017 |The New York Times
Must-visit destinations in the USA next year: in pictures, Sep 2, 2016 | The Telegraph (UK)
Wettest. Winter. Ever., Feb 19, 2016 | Q13 News
Interview with ThePNWPhotos.com, Jan 25, 2016 Stella Oh | ThePNWPhotos.com
Seattle: Your guide to waterfront shopping & culture, Nov 30, 2015 | TheCityTraveler.com
2017 Solo Exhibition, Naked City Brewing, Seattle, Washington
2016 Group Exhibition, Collective Arts Brewing, “Select Series”, Hamilton, Ontario
2016 Solo Exhibition, Tin Umbrella Coffee, Seattle, Washington
2016 Solo Exhibition, Flying Bike Brewery, Seattle, Washington
2016 Solo Exhibition, Cafe Fiore, Seattle, Washington
2015 Solo Exhibition, Americana, Capitol Hill Blitz Art Walk, Seattle, Washington
2015 Solo Exhibition, Outlander Brewery & Pub, Seattle, Washington
2015 Solo Exhibition, Hashtag, Seattle, Washington
2015 Solo Exhibition, The Sweet Spot, Freemont Art Walk, Seattle, Washington
2015 Solo Exhibition, City Hostel, Beltown Art Walk, Seattle, Washington
2015 Solo Exhibition, Beltown Art Walk, Champion Wine Cellars, Seattle, Washington
2015 Solo Exhibition, Beltown Art Walk, BPA Seattle/Bike+Art Seattle, Washington
2015 Group Exhibition, Pioneer Square Art Walk, `57 Biscayne, Seattle, Washington
2015 Solo Exhibition, Capitol Hill Blitz Art Walk, Loft 63, Seattle, Washington
2015 Solo Exhibition, Fremont Art Walk, Frame-up Art Studios, Seattle, Washington
2015 Solo Exhibition, Fremont Art Walk, Space, Seattle, Washington
2015 Solo Exhibition, Corestar Pilates, Auburn, Washington
2014 Solo Exhibition, Capitol Hill Blitz Art Walk, Vostok Dumpling House, Seattle, Washington
Previous telecommunications career (2000-2015)
A member of the telecommunications field for over 15 years, I had experience in enterprise-wide and consumer-facing technologies — many in beta and early testing phases. I had the opportunity to troubleshoot, test and analyze wireless communications, as well as monitor critical network elements. This career prepared me for seamlessly entering the online communications world, helping me understand intuitively how people communicate and the amount of technology that enables that communication.
- Comtech Telecommunications Corp, ATAC Tier II – 2011 – 2015
- T-Mobile, NOC Technician – 2011
- Verizon Wireless, Project Manager | Switch Technician | Technical Support – 2000 – 2010